Friday, March 30, 2012

Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge 121: Going Green!

It's been a while since I've done a challenge, I've been crazy busy with my last semester of college!!! And this challenge was just too tempting to pass up!

I thought since it is pretty close to easter, I would make a basket! And my one really springtime-y Kraftin' Kimmie stamp is Tallulahbelle. :D

The basket is made entirely from paper grocery bags (two precisely). I cut the tall sides into long strip and folded each strip to make it double thickness for stability and did a basic weave pattern. the tricky part was building the sides, I had to keep my glue gun at the ready to glue each strip in place as I went along.
I also made the big purple and pink flowers. It was my first foray into paper flower making. I also colored Tallulahbelle to coordinated with the flowers.
I had a really fun time with this project, and now I'm thinking of other recyclables I can repurpose in my crafting!
Oh! Also, I used the leaves off some old faux flowers to embellish my own paper ones ;P
Link to Kraftin Kimmie blog:

2 comments:

Jenn Joncas said...

Your basket is beautiful Melinda!! I love how you wrapped the ribbon around the handle!! We used to always make out own baskets at Easter when I was a kid and then hide them on the Easter Bunny (: Your colouring is gorgeous!! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog!! and good luck with the rest of the semester!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Awesome job of using paper bags, Melinda!! What a fun way to present some Easter goodies! Thanks so much for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie this week!
hugs, Sharon